This is a fun one. Many of you who have been practicing at FG studios will notice that due to the popular demand the Standing head to knee pose in Fierce Grace class has been replaced with Twisted leg stretch, pictured below.
If you’re a beginner, this asana puts less strain on your lower back and improves your balance. Here are just some of its other benefits:
- Develops concentrations, patience and determination.
- Strengthens abdominal muscles and stretches the hamstrings.
- Stretches deltoids, trapezius.
- Stretches wrists and strengthens arms and hands.
- Strengthens gluteus.
- Improves concentration and balance.
- Avoids sciatica.
- Strengthens legs, ankles and big toes.
The fans of Standing head to knee pose and those who have already freed their hamstrings, pelvis and strengthened their lower back will be happy to hear that SH2K remains in the Classic class sequence.